Friday, May 06, 2005

Peace in the Arms of Morpheus

As the midnight hour strikes
A lonely owl hoots in a distance
The entire place becomes somber
With the luminous moon above

Barely audible sounds reach my ears
Lovers muffling their moans of pleasure
Parents stifling an overfatigued sigh
A baby letting off a cry for hunger

I begin to block them out my mind
To achieve my most beloved state
A complete detachment to the world
Amidst the tranquil stupor of slumber

Within the walls of my astral trance
I am once again liberated
From the restrictions of reality
And the confines of the bitter truth

I turn into anyone I want to be
A girl out of a prolonged depression
A woman living in pure contentment
A person who lived a full life

With my dreams I am everything
So wake me not from my restful sleep
For from here on in unravels
My sweetest escape to nirvana

No comments: